Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thinking About My Favorite Book

You know that life can throw you many curve balls and you are continously ducking. Well, when this happens to me and I start feeling angry and/or insecure, I pray, read the Bible and refer to my favorite book - The Search For Significance by Robert S. McGee. It is an excellent reference source that helps me while I am searching the Bible for a scripture that will give me answers and will lift me up. The examples, references and explanations in McGee's book show me that I am not alone and that God has already prepared the way for my journey through life. I just need to trust Him and realize that He is always here to guide me. I was introduced to this book while attending Flamingo Road Church in Cooper City, FL. Pastor Troy Gramling suggested this book and believe me, it never gathers dust because I am constantly reading it.

Pastor Troy Gramling is now doing a series of teachings on most of the emotions and problems we face that make our life's journey bumpier than it has to be. Last weekend, it was on anger and this weekend; I believe, it is about being tired. His Saturday and Sunday teachings are live on the internet. If anyone is interested about finding help with your problems, check out the Flamingo Road Church website for the times and lots more information.

No comments: