Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Tribute To One Of The Greatest Country Singers

Mark Humphrey/AP Photo

Eddy Arnold 1918-2008


Eddy Arnold died today just a few days short of his 90th birthday. He was born in TN on May 15th 1918. Many of his songs played a part in my childhood and seeing the account of his death brought back many childhood memories. I can remember Eddy Arnold's song "Cattle Call" and how my father thought it was necessary to sing it each morning as he fixed his coffee. Each time I heard the song coming from the kitchen, I couldn't help but smile. My father didn't have a great singing voice but that didn't stop him and I am glad it didn't. I always enjoyed my father's renditions of Eddy Arnold's songs. I have added a video from You Tube of "Cattle Call". I am sure many of you will remember it when you hear it.











No comments: