Sunday, September 14, 2008

Something Good To Watch


Good Morning Readers - Yesterday, I was surfing channels looking for something good to watch and happened across this movie.

I am a western movie fan because "good" always wins over "evil" and the "evil" people are clearly defined and they are super-evil. Of course, the "good" are so good that I can't help but to cheer them on. The problem is that I have seen most of them a dozen times each so when I happened to run across this one, I thought I had probably seen it too. After watching the cast list at the beginning of the movie, I realized that I hadn't seen - Silverado. Yea! A western I haven't seen!

This movie has a lot of my favorite movie people in it: Kevin Kline, Scott Glenn, Kevin Costner, Danny Glover, and Brian Dennehy.

Kevin Kline plays a man who doesn't really trust people. His character evidently had a sordid past and did things he wasn't proud of but he was trying to change and work for the "good" side.

Scott Glenn plays the older brother of Kevin Costner. His character was the kind of person that has always worked hard for the "good" side and was protector of the family. Kevin Costner's character was the younger brother who kept getting into trouble without even trying.

Danny Glover plays a man who decided to go to the big city to make a better life while his family moved out west to start their homestead. Glover's character receives a letter from his mother who wants him to come help with the new home. He arrives to find his mother dead and his father being "burnt out" of his home and his sister working in the local saloon in Silverado.

Of course, they get together to take on the corruption in Silverado and the "evil" sheriff played by Brian Dennehy.

I was pleasantly surprised by this movie. It moved fast, had a good story line, and a great cast. So, if you like westerns and haven't seen this one - check it out - it's something good to watch.

No comments: