Saturday, July 12, 2008

Critters





I enjoy watching critters and they seem to know it because they're always on my porch. The frogs have so much patience hunting their food. They sit perfectly still for as long as thirty minutes waiting for a bug to come by. I can't imagine having that much patience. Humans stress out standing in line for five minutes at a fast food restaurant. I watch the little green lizards crawl on my plants hunting bugs. I like their determination and how they keep my plants bug-free.

I do not like the two critters in the pictures above - they creep me out. Unfortunately, these want to visit my porch too. That's ok because I can go in the house. But today, Skip and Carolyn came by and I got up to answer the front door and something caught my attention. It was a baby snake lying by my front door - on the inside of my house!!! I told Skip and Carolyn to wait while I got the broom to get the snake out of the door. I managed to sweep the little snake outside and Skip took over and swept the little snake into the grass. I know Carolyn was freaked out because she has two great fears - thunder storms and SNAKES. But she toughed it out and didn't run down the street screaming.

I know snakes can't talk but I really wanted to ask him/her where the mama was. Believe me I am looking around and opening closet doors more carefully and looking before I go in. I hope "snake baby" just got lost and "snake mama" isn't in my house. EEK!!! So, that's my critter adventures for the day - I hope.

No comments: