Tuesday, July 29, 2008

UFO ???



I try to read The Mountaineer (newspaper in Waynesville, NC) as often as possible because it is from the area where I was born and raised. The Mountaineer is a very good local newspaper with lots of interesting stories and pictures.

I happen to find this picture by D. C. Buchanan - Staff Photographer - in a recent edition of the newspaper. It is really neat and I wanted to share it with you. But what is it? D. C. Buchanan also wrote an article about his photo titled "Mountain Mystery". I will write an excerpt from it but you can read the entire article on their website: http://www.themountaineer.com/

"What I found so interesting was that each time I tried to debunk what I was seeing, the tests prove, in fact, the objects are within the scene photographed. Aside from that, there is an obvious lighter topside and darker bottom which coincides with the position of the sun at the time the photos taken. An Internet search shows these photos aren't the first time an unidentifiable object has been captured in photographs in Western North Carolina. I was, at first quite hesitant about sharing the photos, though the more I thought about it, I decided why not? I was amazed at the opinions that I received". - D. C. Buchanan

I will offer my opinion for whatever it's worth. I believe it is a cloud. It doesn't really matter because I enjoyed the picture and the article and I hope you do too.

No comments: