Thursday, February 5, 2009

Bits And Pieces But Not Much Of Anything

There are days I just don't feel inspired to blog. But I have been reading some news stories that deserve a small comment.

I feel sure most people have heard about the lady who had eight babies and already had six children at home. Then I read a story about a 60 year old lady who had twins by artificial means. These two news stories would go in the "what were they thinking" category.

The last bit for today is about the proposed stimulus package. This part goes in the "that needs to go" category. "Hollywood" would get to write off half the production and filming costs of the big-budget films and TV shows. The tax break for them amounted to $246 million. Whether this special tax break is still included, I do not know for sure but the story stated that the Senate Republicans stripped the tax break from the package. I believe the Hollywood producers, etc. can recover their expenses through box office and merchandise sales so I have a problem feeling too sorry for them.

1 comment:

Heather Palacios said...

My heart is HUGELY breaking for those little lives. I can hardly watch any coverage of this on the media. I am actually afraid 2 let myself get brought in to this story/media because of my fierce, ruthless protection and fight 4 life. UGH. I will just shut up about it and pray for them. God loves those 8 lives, and He will take care of them.