Sunday, February 8, 2009

Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Church

I woke up this unusually warm morning feeling refreshed but a little hurried because I like to allow myself plenty of time to get ready for Church. I like to eat a bite so my stomach won't growl all the way through the service. So I did that and then checked my eye because I have been fighting with a sty for the last couple of days and you know, sties aren't really becoming. I had been able to reduce the swelling with warm compresses so I decided I didn't look too "freakish". My eye looked good enough to be able to go to Church and not make everybody scream at the sight of me.

Then, I went in to brush my teeth and I always brush with some intensity. I don't know why - it just seems like a good thing to do. I finished that little hygiene thing and rubbed my tongue on my front teeth to see if they felt clean. "Panic, Anxiety, Shock!!!" There was a gap in my front teeth that wasn't there before!!! The bonding on my front teeth was gone!!!

So my dear readers, it was at that time that I thought it would be better if I stayed at home. Believe me when I say that I am not a vain person but I felt the gaping hole in my front teeth and the sty were a little too much embarrassment for me to handle today.

****Update****
I glued two "chiclets" on my teeth nubs but they didn't look right so I went to the dentist and now I have real fake front teeth again.

1 comment:

Heather Palacios said...

u poor dear! hope u at least able 2 hang w/ us on www.frclive.tv
hope ur eye and teeth r on the mend!