Wednesday, January 9, 2008

My Long Christmas Vacation - Fun !!!

Watching a roaring fire on TV.
This is about the only way to sit by
a fireplace in South Florida when
it is over 80 degrees outside at
Christmas.

Margaret, Jordan and Cristen
on Christmas morning


Daniella and Cassidy


Michelle greeting people at church


Bill relaxing during Christmas with Sally and Peanut


I went to my daughter's home in South Florida for a month long visit during the month of December. It was extremely warm and the palm trees were blowing in the balmy breeze. However, there were two cold days after Christmas and the drop in temperature was great and felt like Christmas weather. It really is hard to walk around and look at the Christmas lights when you are sweating. Another strange thing to me is to see all of the palm trees (instead of pine trees) decorated with Christmas lights. I guess it is just what I'm used to.

My daughter and granddaughters were fabulous - as usual. We enjoyed shopping and spending money and eating. I got there in time to see Cassidy in her school band recital. She plays the clarinet and did a great job at the recital. Daniella danced at the "Jingle Ball" with her hip hop group. Unfortunately, the concert tickets were very expensive and we weren't able to go and watch her perform. Grandmas didn't even get to go free.

I attended Flamingo Road Church while I was there. I meet a wonderful lady named Sharon who is a friend of my daughter. She is such a lively, enthusiastic, "up" person. Michelle and Sharon volunteer as greeters before and after church services at FRC. I was also able to see all of my other dear friends at Flamingo Road Church: Melissa, Espy, Pastor "NASCAR" Matt, Pastor Garland, Pastor Guy and his wife Cathy and all of the other dedicated FRC staff. Of course, I was blessed by the inspiring sermons by Pastor Troy Gramling and Pastor Garland Robertson.

I got to chat and hang out with my friends that live near my daughter: Debbie and David, Fred and Val and Brianna, Nate, and my best Florida friend - Margaret. These are some great people and always make me feel welcome.

Bill came down right before Christmas and stayed for a couple of days. His visit made Christmas a nice family holiday.

After my month long holiday was over, I came home and guess what - my car was sick. Its illness cost in the neighborhood of $1,000.00 to cure. Water was leaking from the radiator area and an intake gasket and water pump had to be replaced.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!








No comments: