Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Hair Salon

I went to the hair salon today and got my hair shampooed and cut. I know this is not a "world changing" event but I will have to give it some merit. The salon had a separate shampoo room and I went in and sat at one of the shampoo bowls. The shampoo lady turned off the harsh overhead lights and accent lights reflected around the room and magically, this soft "spa music" began. I leaned my head back into the basin and the shampoo lady put this great smelling shampoo on my head and began to massage my scalp. I could just feel all of the stress and tense muscles disappear. Now, this would have been a great place to take a nap!!! However, the scalp massage was soon over and I got my hair cut and paid the bill. I wish washing my own hair could be that relaxing.

1 comment:

Melissa Nadlman said...

Hey Nancy! You reminded me to call Christine and have my hair cut. I will be joining you in "the bowl" on Friday! Miss you!
Mel