Saturday, October 27, 2007

A Great Trip To Maine

Thank you to my wonderful, Maine family!

Kennebec River in Maine



Hallowell, Maine

Hallowell, Maine is named for Benjamin Hallowell, a Boston merchant and one of the Kennebec Proprietors, holders of land originally granted to the Plymouth Company by the British monarchy in the 1620s. It is 6.1 sq. miles (5.9 sq. mi of land and 0.2 sq. mi. of water). Its elevation is 39 ft. The 2000 census shows a population of 2,467.





I just returned from a wonderful trip to Maine. I am lucky enough to be related to a fantastic family that lives in this beautiful state. They opened their home and showered me with so much hospitality and love that they spoiled me and made me want to take up permanent residence.

They treated me to delicious cuisine that is unique to Maine. I have always been partial to Maine lobster but they took me to a quaint little seafood restaurant outside of Hallowell to eat Maine shrimp. Wow! What a treat it was. I don't believe I have ever tasted shrimp that fresh. Also, they gave me almost an endless supply of maple, walnut ice cream. Yum! Yum! We also traveled to Freeport and it was such a beautiful little town with LOTS OF SHOPPING. My kind of town!



Wally and Sharron

The gracious host and hostess who always make my visits unforgettable. They are two very special people whose warmth and generosity are always present.



Corey - My Great-Nephew

Corey is working on his nursing degree. He has the compassion for people that is necessary to be a great asset to the nursing profession. He exemplifies kindness and understanding. He is also accomplished in the sport of bow hunting.

Kimberly - My Great-Niece

Kimberly is taking a break from school and plans to return soon. While she is waiting, she is working at a part time job. She is a beautiful, talented young lady who always radiates warmth and kindness.

1 comment:

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Nancy...

It looks like it was a great vacation and get away...I have always wanted to visit Maine...now I know that I HAVE to visit Maine...it looks beautiful!

I am so glad you had such a great time!

Michelle sent me your way and I am excited to see how you are grabbing ahold of this blogging thing and really doing a good job with it.

Congrats!
Melissa