Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Let's Talk About My Third Favorite Subject - Food

I went out to lunch today and I must tell you that I enjoyed it. During the last couple of weeks, I've eaten Mexican cuisine twice. You're probably saying - So?? You have to remember that I've always eaten country cooking and that's all I know how to cook. I've always cooked fried chicken, pork chops, country style steak, etc.

I had no idea what I was ordering when I looked at the menu in the Mexican restaurant. Well, I decided to order the combination plate because it had a taco with it and I know what a taco is. What a pleasant surprise! The combination plate had an enchilada with some kind of red looking sauce, my familiar taco, yellow rice and some kind of squashed - up beans that tasted like pinto beans. I am now a fan of Mexican Cuisine! I plan to broaden my menu selections so I can learn what all of these foods are.

By the way - in case you're wondering - my first and second favorite subjects are God and my family.

No comments: