Sunday, March 9, 2008

Today Not Tomorrow

I hope some of my readers watched Part 1 of RationaLies titled Hell Just Doesn't Exist. I watched the Internet Service last night and was impressed by Pastor Troy's presentation on this topic. Now - I could write a 12 page blog trying to say what he said but my words would never come across like his. But here goes my summary.

Scriptures: John 8:44b-47 (TM), Luke 16:19-22; 23-24; 26-28 (NLT2), Luke 16:25; 29-31 (NTL2), Matthew 7:21-23 (NTL2), John 3:16-17 (NTL2)

Why do we listen to Satan and not to God? We go along feeling pretty good about ourselves and our lives - everything is OK. Things that happen day to day (good or bad) will pass and we have a chance to fix them. Satan says everything can be fixed and that our eternity will be OK. We rationalize we're OK now and will forever be OK. However, once we die and we haven't trusted God and accepted Jesus as our Lord and Savior - it can't be fixed. We are doomed to an eternity in hell. We will suffer mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually, and relationally. Pastor Troy gave examples based on the scriptures about these sufferings.

We can go to church, give money to the church, do good deeds, and talk-the-talk but the only thing that guarantees us that we will not spend eternity in hell is not to listen to satan but to listen to God, trust his words, and accept Jesus as our Savior. We have to be willing to trust and we should make this decision today and know that "For God loved the world so much that He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life". John 3:16 (NLT2)

If you missed this weekend - remember next weekend - the series continues. http://www.flamingoroad.org/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nanc - this is from Margaret - Michelle has been telling me quite a bit about the new series at FRC and I plan to go with her to the next one and maybe the others too. Meanwhile I will definitely be getting online sometime soon and check out the first of the series.
Hope you've been doing great - miss you lots - and I will be writing again soon to share my thoughts re Rationlies etc. Love and God bless.